We get a lot of enquiries from customers who have lapsed Credit Cards, Loans, Mortgages or other financial products that they wish to make a Payment Protection Insurance claim against. The most common question we get asked is “How do I find out what my account numbers were?”
There are 3 ways in which you can get these account numbers.
- It can be found on original paperwork or contracts and annual or monthly statements.
- Ring the provider of the Financial product. This can be sometimes difficult if the lender no longer has the records.
- Use a credit checking company. To help our clients we have teamed up with Credit Expert that will allow you to create FREE Experian credit report. Just simply click on the link below and you can create a Free trial account.
- Once you have created your account you will be able to check your credit history. This will show you all the loans, credit cards, mortgages and any other form of credit you have had in the past 6 years. This is what the lenders will look at when you apply for any form of credit so it is very useful to know what is on your own personal credit file.
- The Free Account will not show the full account numbers for obvious security reasons but once you have your free account you can then phone up to get the full account numbers.
- By doing a credit check on yourself you may find accounts that you forgot you have had and these may have had Payment Protection Insurance on them.